In response to food shortages and job loss caused by the current Covid-19 pandemic and public health emergency, a group of concerned community members and organizations has established Flathead Reservation Community Action (FRCA). This group is coordinating a growing network of volunteers to deliver groceries, cooked meals, cleaning supplies, fuel, wood, and medicines to Tribal and non-Tribal families and individuals in an effort to reduce exposure.
FRCA is gathering material donations of food and supplies, as well as cash donations for food, supplies, and gas. Donations accepted via Venmo @Mission-Church-1.
Please refer to:
The Northwest Montana United Way has established a COVID-19 Relief Fund to provide financial assistance to people directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The fund provides emergency assistance to qualified individuals and families living in Flathead, Glacier, Lake, Lincoln, and Sanders counties and will focus on the following:
- Food & Food supplies
- Prescription & medical supplies
- Utility payments
- Mortgage or rent payments
- Other items determined eligible by the Unmet Needs Committee
To donate to the COVID-19 Relief Fund:
- By Mail:
- Northwest Montana United Way
- COVID-19 Relief Fund
- P.O. Box 7217
- Kalispell, MT 59904
- Select Basic Needs and choose your gift amount then add COVID-19 in memo line
Schedule a safe appointment at the Kalispell Blood Donation Center
Many community members are working to create masks.
- Carolyn Pardini is donating masks to healthcare workers but needs donations of materials. You can contact Carolyn at (406) 471-9597.
- Cristen Twoteeth is making masks for the public and is requesting a $1 donation to cover materials. You can contact Cristen at (406) 830-0640.
- Great Grey Gifts, REcreate Designs in Polsonand YWAM (Lakeside) are also providing masks. Please contact them for information.
For specific information please use the following links: